When Only the Most Accurate Rates and Precise Product Placement Will Do
Inter-row banding boom.
Air Manifold Gauge
A Murphy gauge measures air manifold pressure using inches of water column. The gauge is connected to the in-cab control with warning light and buzzer to warn of insufficient air pressure, ensuring proper application.
Manifold-Venturi System and Funnel Tray
The venturi and manifold systems can be lowered by means of a quick release. Funnel trays are inserted for collection of product when calibrating or emptying the unit.
Hopper Bottom Slide Gates
Manually operated slide gates stop product flow to the metering system allowing you to remove the roller for cleaning or servicing.
Calibration Hand Crank
To make calibrating a product as precise and easy as possible a hand-crank is provided to turn the metering system. The product can be collected by using the funnel trays and weighed for determining exact application rates.
The dual electric clutch control allows you to operate the metering system from the operator’s seat. 2 magnetic clutches and in-cab control allow 1⁄2 shut-off on either side.
Metering Roller: The 1255 PT uses two fluted rollers for metering granular product or seed. The red rollers have 28 grooves and are used for application of fine products such as granular herbicide and small seeds such as grass, flax, canola, alfalfa, etc. The coarse rollers have 12 grooves and are used with fertilizer and larger seeds such as wheat or soybeans. Each unit comes with both types of rollers.
60 Speed Gearbox: Rate adjustment is easy and precise with 60 settings at 5% increments. The gearbox features 8 speeds, 2 ranges and 4 input drive ratios giving a wide selection of rates. Combined with the ground drive system, it provides unparalleled accuracy over the entire range of settings.
1255 Pull Type Specifications
- 18 cu. ft.
- 409 stainless steel with a 2 component epoxy primer and a 2 component cross-linked acrylic top coat
- Weather tight lid
- Product level sight gauge
Broadcast or Inter Row Banding Boom
- Broadcast Boom
- Self levelling boom frame
- (6) left hand and (6) right hand broadcast deflectors
- 16 ft. boom (can be extended to 20 or 24 ft. with optional extension kits)
- Adjustable boom height
- 1.25 in. ID, PVC Hose
- Inter-Row Banding Boom
- 2 stainless steel assemblies with 6 drop tubes
- Telescoping to accommodate various row spacing up to 10 ft.
- Adjustable angle and height provide different band application widths
- Also includes a 7 ft. non-folding broadcast boom with breakaways for inter row broadcasting with 12 drop tubes
- 1.25 in. ID, PVC Hose
- Ground driven
- Half shut off on either side
- Comes with two types of metering roller
- 28 groove rollers for fine granulars and small seeds
- 12 groove rollers for fertilizer and large seeds
- In-cab electric clutch control and air manifold monitor
- 60 speed gearbox with 5% between settings
- Air manifold and venturi system drop for easy cleaning
- Half width shut off on either side
- 18 in. impeller with 3 in. outlet
- Operates at 3200-4000 RPM
- Hydraulic or gas engine fan drive
- Hydraulic – 2.2 CID motor requires 8 GPM; hydraulic lines to hitch included (customer supplied connectors); includes sheaves, belt, shields, flow control with check valve
- Gas engine – 9 HP engine; comes with Cyclone Air Cleaner; includes centrifugal clutch, engine mount, sheaves, belt and shields
- Note: Engine ordered separately
- 1500 lb. rubber torsion axle
- 5 bolt hubs
- P265/50R15 tires
- Tail lights
- Safety chains
- Clevis type hitch
- Foam marker
- 4 or 8 ft. broadcast boom extensions
- Height: 6 ft.
- Width: 6 ft. 10 in.
- Length: 8 ft. 7 in.
- Weight: 1080 lb.