Built Tough for Commercial and On-Farm Application
A Better Applicator Through Better Design
Whether you’re seeding or applying herbicide, a Valmar 245 Pull-Type Granular Applicator is designed to deliver unparalleled accuracy under a wide variety of ground conditions. It’s rugged construction is sturdy enough to withstand the rigors of commercial use, making it the right choice for a rental fleet, custom applicator or a farm operation. Moreover, the 245 incorporates a number of innovative features designed to make material application easier, safer and more precise than ever before.
Exceptionally Accurate Metering System
The 245 applicator achieves its accuracy thanks to a ground driven metering system that ensures the precise application rate regardless of ground speed. As with most Valmar units it uses our 60 speed gearbox that allows the application rates in increments of 5%. Drive ratio changes are made at the gearbox, eliminating the need to move chains and realign sprockets. For cropping conditions that require a rate change on the go, an optional Alternate Rate Kit can be added to allow an instantaneous rate change on the go.
Greater, More Uniform Coverage
The 245’s wide 50 ft. boom and large 40 cu. ft. hopper (capable of holding up to 1,800 lb. of product at a density of 45 lb./cu. ft.) allows you to cover more acres between fills. Equally important, the self-levelling boom ensures a uniform spread pattern, regardless of field conditions. For safety, the boom also features 8 ft. breakaway tips to help minimize damage that may occur from striking an obstacle in the field.
Calibrating an applicator is necessary to ensure proper flow rates, especially when determining the setting for new products, seeds or seed mixtures. The 245 Applicator makes this process easier by allowing the venturi and manifold system to be dropped so that a funnel tray can be inserted for easy collection of product. Use the crank handle (provided) to simulate ground travel and establish precise calibration for any product. The funnel also makes emptying the hopper an easy and safe procedure.
Calibration hand crank.
Easier Maintenance and Cleaning
The 245 applicators feature a number of innovations that make maintenance and cleaning easier. One important feature is the convenient hopper bottom slide gates which allow the rollers to be removed for cleaning or inspection. Access to the rollers and venturi system is also easier due to moveable plexi-glass shields which protect the metering system.
245 Pull-Type Specifications
- 40 cu. ft.
- Mild steel with 2 component epoxy primer and 2 component cross linked acrylic top coat paint system
- Weather tight lid
- Product level sight gauge
- Hopper bottom shut-off gates
- 50 ft. spread, breakaway tips
- Self levelling
- Manual fold
- 1.5 in. OD tubes, 12 outlets per side
- Ground driven
- Half shut off on either side
- 28 groove plastic fluted metering roller – 12 groove available for more coarse material or higher rates
- In-cab electric clutch control and air manifold monitor
- 60 speed gearbox with 5% between settings
- Air manifold and venturi system drop for easy cleaning
- Hydraulic drive:10.5 GPM – hydraulic lines to hitch included
- 11 HP gas engine fan drive
- PTO: 540 or 1000 RPM with 540 RPM PTO shaft standard
- 18 in. impeller with 4 in. outlet
- Operates at 3200-4000 RPM
- 6000 lb. rubber torsion axle
- 6 bolt hubs
- 12.5 L – 15 in. tires
- 12 groove roller assemblies for coarse material
- Agitator kit
- Disc markers or foam markers
- Height: 6 ft. 8 in.
- Width: 7 ft. 8 in.
- Length: 18 ft.
- Weight: 2250 lb.
Note: Many features common to the 55 Series Implement Mount.