Maximize the Nutrient Value and Palatability of Your Hay
The addition of a preservative when harvesting forage is the most important thing you can do to preserve its nutrient value and promote optimum palatability for livestock. Preservatives allow you to harvest at a higher moisture content. This means you put up a better quality crop containing more of the valuable leaf matter with less of the problems associated with heating.
And when it comes to applying granular preservatives nothing is more accurate or easy to use than Valmar’s Forage Preservative Applicator. This applicator has been extensively researched and field tested to provide you with the most dependable and efficient means of applying preservatives during forage harvesting.
Mounts Easily to Most Balers
Valmar’s universal mounting stand allows you to easily attach the applicator to most makes and models of balers and forage harvesters.
Efficient Air Driven Application
With the fan driven air delivery system you are able to more evenly distribute granules through the hay mass, plus you’ll have more options on mounting locations than with gravity fed systems. The fan’s electric drive operates at 3600 RPM and easily connects to your tractor’s 12 volt system.
Extremely Accurate Metering
Valmar’s four outlet system with a 12 or 28 groove plastic metering roller allows you to precisely distribute granules at a rate of up to five pounds a minute. Preservative is distributed through flexible heavy duty delivery hoses with rigid outlet tubes.
Weather Tight Hopper
Valmar’s precision manufacturing keeps the weather out and the hopper screen prevents foreign materials from entering. It features a 2.8 cu. ft. capacity with a hopper bottom shut off for easy access to metering rollers for regular cleaning.
Convenient In-Cab Monitoring and Control
Monitor and control all applicator operations with Valmar’s convenient in-cab unit. With its large, easy to read digital display you’ll have complete control of metering by adjusting the roller RPM’s. An alarm sounds when there’s a problem with the system.
455 Forage Preservative Applicator Specifications
- Mild steel construction
- 2.8 cu. ft. – holds approximately 250 lb.
- 2 component epoxy primer and 2 component cross linked acrylic top coat paint system
- Hopper bottom shut-off
- Fitted tarp is included
- Weather tight reversible lid
- 4 outlet manifold system
- Manifold is reversible for front or rear product delivery
- 12 volt electric drive
- Manifold is easily removed for cleaning
- Both coarse and fine roller segments are included
- Meters up to 5 lb./min.
- Operates at 3000-3600 RPM
- Plastic fan impeller
- 2.5 in. diameter fan outlet
- 12 volt electric drive
- Both audible and digital alarms
- Operates and monitors fan and metering
- Digital read out shows metering roller RPM, low or high voltage, metering errors and warnings
- Mounting stands to fit most round balers and large/medium square balers
- Height: 28 in.
- Width: 22 in.
- Length: 23 in.
- Weight: 135 lb.