Achieve Superior Accuracy and Uniform Placement Over Entire Width of Boom
Stainless Steel Booms
Designed for commercial rental operations, Valmar’s 5500 Pull-Type self levelling booms feature extra strong all stainless steel construction with break-away boom tips for added protection. The standard unit comes with a 40 ft. boom, while the Row Crop uses a 36 ft. boom. An optional kit is available to extend the Row Crop boom to 38 ft. The booms fold manually.
1000 RPM P.T.O. Fan Drive
The 5500 PT fan is driven by a 1000 RPM power take off system. The constant velocity drive shaft is 13⁄8 in. diameter 21 spline and is equipped with an over-running clutch to prevent damage from sudden disengagement of the tractor PTO system. An optional 13⁄4 in. 20 spline shaft is available.
Ground Driven Metering System
A hydraulically engaged metering system provides consistent application rates regardless of ground speed. Either side can be manually disengaged for 1⁄2 width application.
Extremely Accurate Metering Gearbox
The mechanical gearbox uses 60 different gear ratios for metering rates at 5% increments. Rates as low as 4 lb./acre for herbicide application and as high as 400 lbs. of fertilizer/acre at 5 MPH. A bulk density scale is supplied to help match your fertilizer blend to the application rate charts.
Hydraulic Drive Metering
The 5500 PT metering can be adapted for hydraulic drive for V.R.T. applications.
Apply Herbicides or Small Seeds
With an optional kit, the 5500 PT can accurately apply small seeds or herbicide at low rates, something that is not possible with a spinner type spreader. The kit consists of two, 28 groove metering rollers and a fan intake reducer.
Ideal for Row Crop Application
Tandem walking beam axles are standard on both models. The Row Crop unit is equipped with narrow tires and a 36 ft. boom for application in 36 in. rows.
Optional Marking Systems
Select from a mechanical disc marker or a Simpson SKS foam marker.
Roll Tarp Included
All 5500 Pull-Types come with roll tarp installed.
Optional Hopper Screen
Keeps out foreign material.
Hydraulic Drive Options
Hydraulic drive metering.
Hydraulic fan drive.
Hydraulic Drive Metering
A complete Rawson or Raven system can be supplied for customers interested in variable rate applications. Or a basic drive can be installed including a hydraulic motor only, for the customer to complete with a system of their choice. Does not include radar, servo valve, encoders, controller/monitor, cables etc.
Hydraulic Fan Drive
Valmar offers an optional hydraulic fan drive. This option uses a belt drive with a 32 CC hydraulic motor requiring 23 gal./min. hydraulic flow operating at 1885 PSI which is within the capability of many of today’s higher capacity tractors.
Single Axle Option
Features a single axle with 12 ply, 550/60-22.5 flotation tires at 90 in. center to center. Avoids the skidding associated with tandem axles when turning.
Available with single axle and flotation tires and hydraulic fan drive.
28 groove roller segments.
Row crop tires (9.00 x 20) on tandem axle.
Herbicide and small seed, 28 groove metering roller.
Optional hopper screen keeps out foreign material.
60 speed metering gearbox drives the 12 groove stainless steel fertilizer rollers.
Airflo 5500 Pull-Type Specifications
- 170 cu. ft.
- 1 piece, 409 stainless steel construction with 2 component epoxy primer and 2 component cross linked acrylic top coat paint system
- Hopper bottom shut-off slide panels
- Roll tarp installed
- Available in 40 ft. or 36 ft. spread
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Break away boom tips
- 2.5 in. diameter tubes
- 6 deflectors per side
- Manual fold
- Self levelling
- 304 stainless metering bottoms with 6 outlets per side
- 304 stainless steel, self cleaning metering rollers
- Manual half width shut-off on either side
- Rates up to 500 lb./acre at 5 MPH down to 5 lb./acre with optional small seed and herbicide kit
- Ground drive
- Hydraulically engaged
- 60 speed gearbox with 5% between settings
- Hydraulic metering drive options
- A basic drive supplied with hydraulic motor only for completion by customer with system of their choice – does not include radar, servo valve, encoders, controller/monitor, cables etc.
- A Rawson AccuRate® Drive complete with hydraulic lines that is compatible with many of today’s GPS systems
- A complete Raven System such as Viper Pro®, Envizio Pro® or SCS 660®
- 20 in. impeller
- 2-5 in. fan outlets
- PTO fan drive
- 1000 RPM CV driveline, 13⁄8 in. – 21T spline
- 19:4.12 pulley drive ratio
- 4 band belt with spring loaded idler tensioner
- Optional hydraulic fan drive
- 32 CC motor requires 23 GPM operating at 1885 PSI
- 3/4 in. hydraulic lines
- 3/4 in. couplers recommended
- 30 in. water column manifold pressure
- Case drain required
- 6.9:4.12 pulley drive ratio
- Requires 1 remote to engage metering system
- Requires 2nd remote for optional hydraulic boom fold
- Requires additional remotes for optional hydraulic drives for fan and/or metering
- Tandem walking beam
- Adjustable axle width with available tires: 16.5L x 16.1 (81-99 in.) or 9.00 x 20 (72-90 in.)
- 2.5 in. axles with 6 bolt hubs
- Single axle
- 550/60-22.5 tires/12 ply at 90 in. center to center
- Tire Dimensions – width 550 mm (21.7 in.)/OD – 1238 mm (48.7 in.)
- 2.75 in. axles with 8 bolt hubs
- Herbicide kit includes 1 set of 28 groove metering rollers and fan intake reducer for metering finer products and lower rates
- Foam or disc marking systems
- Extension kit to extend 36 ft. boom to a 38 ft. spread
- Hydraulic boom fold
- Hopper screen assembly
- Height: 8 ft. 6 in.
- Width: 8 ft. 6 in. (9 ft. 2 in. with single axle)
- Length: 17 ft. 3 in.
- Weight: 4360 lb.